Labels

Monday 20 February 2017

Spring Beginnings



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I am sharing another of my samples for the recent Chocolate Baroque  shows on tv.  I love creating vintage / shabby chic pieces and this image was so cute it was perfect.  I have used stamps from the CB Spring Bird Daffodil  and Spring Foliage sets; Distress Inks,  Sparkle pens, white embossing powder; a stencil.



I stamped the bird and nest image onto Kraft card and embossed it in white.  I coloured it with DI's and Sparkle pens.   I then added a hint of some trees  through a stencil with DI.  I blended some ink around the edges of the panel, then matted it onto dark card.  I added some cream lace, threaded twine through a button and attached that to the panel. 



On a white base card I stamped several images in DI around the edges, and blended ink around the edges to age it.  I then attached the focal panel to the base card.
  


I stamped a sentiment onto a spare piece of Kraft card and embossed it in white,  I then die cut and embossed it.  I added DI around the edges, matted it onto dark card and attached it to the card.




This is a fairly quick and simple design, but I absolutely LOVE it!  As always the beautiful stamps from Chocolate Baroque have made creating this lovely card easy.  I think this is yet another great worker card, suitable for all occasions and male or female cards.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you've enjoyed your visit and will come back again  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is very sweet and I think can be for a man or a woman. I know many men who love birds my hubby included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you and I agree it could be used for a man-card too :) Nature is unisex lol! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Penny, I love the pretty colours and of course your design is fabulous. Waiting for some of these stamps to arrive, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you hun, you're going to love your stamps when you get them! ;) xxx

      Delete