Labels

Thursday 16 February 2017

Punky Weeds by the Wall



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing another 15 minute card GDT sample with you today.  You can find this and other quick card inspiration on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog -http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk/   I have used stamps from CB Punky Flowers and Steampunk Butterfly sets; pearl acrylics, black embossing powder.



The background was one that I had in my stash, made with acrylic paints on a Gelli plate.  I stamped some of the Punky Flowers onto it and embossed them in black, then painted them with the pearl acrylics.  



I then stamped a couple of corner images and embossed them in black. 
 


I added a butterfly, embossed it in black again then painted it with pearl acrylics.  




I trimmed the panel. matted it  and layered it onto a piece of Kraft card that I had embossed in a folder.  The embossed pattern is a wall of bricks, which is one of my favourites, and I blended some Distress ink around the edges to emphasise the pattern.  



I'm really pleased with this design, and it's good to use up some of the MANY backgrounds that I have in my stash!  I love these Punky Flowers too, as you may have noticed from previous posts, and it's handy to be able to create a quick card sometimes.  I think this design would be suitable for a variety of occasions and for male and female cards.
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will visit again soon  :)  

4 comments:

  1. Love the metallic paints you used-really stands out. The brick background is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you for this and all your comments hun, I really do appreciate you taking the time :) xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous design and I love the image, another brilliant make Penny, Kate x

    ReplyDelete