Labels

Thursday 16 February 2017

Majestic Peacock





Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another card from the Chocolate Baroque  15 minute card DT blog post  http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk/.  I am using one of my all time favourite CB stamp sets - Peacock Parade, and Words of Inspiration; Distress Inks, gold embossing powder



The background is one from my stash, a piece of dark purple card that I spritzed with turquoise shimmer mist.  I stamped a peacock onto the background panel and embossed it in gold.  I then added turquoise Stickles to the tail.  I die cut the panel and a mat, edged the mat with a gold pen and attached the panel to the mat.





The base card is white linen textured card.  I stamped a border along the top and bottom of the card using a peacock feather stamp and DI.  I then used a gold pen in the centres of the images.



I stamped a sentiment onto white card and embossed it in gold.  I die cut the sentiment, blended DI through the die and edged the panel with the gold pen.  I then attached the focal panel and the sentiment panel to the base card.  I am thrilled with this design, the background just said 'Peacocks' to me lol!  I love using shimmer mists and sprays as I like the randomness of them, and they can transform a dull piece of card into something special.  The gold Peacock looks very majestic on the blue background.  This is another worker card that didn't take long to make.
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you enjoyed this post and will come back soon to look at some more  :)

4 comments:

  1. Love it! The brilliant blue/purple with the gold peacock just sets everything off and the border is just the right amount of colour-great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Birgit, I'm so glad you like it :) It really is a quick and easy card to make lol! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card, beautifully embossed image and wonderful card design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much :) I just love these CB Peacock stamps! :) xx

      Delete