Labels

Sunday 5 February 2017

Magical Mica Butterfly




Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today's post is another card I have made for the CB colour challenge #31   http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  and for this one I have re-discovered my Mica powders, which I haven't played with for YEARS!  I'm so pleased I did though  :)  



I have used stamps from the CB Patchwork Butterfly and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets; Mica powders, Black embossing powder, Versamark ink, gold marker pen.  


I took a piece of black card and stamped the solid floral image in Versamark ink.  I then brushed several colours of Mica powders over the ink, and set the whole thing with hairspray.   Images like this are often called shadow  or negative images, they have large areas of rubber and the pattern is etched in relief.  They are perfect for using with Mica powders, multi-coloured embossing and more.  





I trimmed the panel, added gold pen to the edges and matted it onto another piece of black card.  I then attached it to a white base card.  I stamped the bottom half of the image onto some more black card and brushed Mica powders on as before.  I cut the flowers out and decoupaged them onto the panel.  



I stamped a butterfly onto black card and added Mica powders, then cut it out and added it to the card with dimensional glue.



I stamped and embossed a sentiment in black onto white card, die cut it and added DI and gold pen to the edges.  I attached it to the card with dimensional glue.  To complete the look I added a couple of gems to some extra flowers.   I thoroughly enjoyed creating this card and re-discovering my Mica powders!  I think I shall have to use them more often, they give the stamped images such a beautiful colour and sheen.  This is another good worker design which will suit any occasion just by changing the sentiment or colours.  
Thank you for popping in today,  I hope you've enjoyed this post.     Please pop in again soon  :)

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Great reminder of how effective mica powders can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, thank you very much :) Yes they are and I had lots of fun using them again! I'm definitely going to use them more often x

      Delete
  2. Love it! I love the powders which I think I call perfect pearls. They have such a beautiful sheen and looks like gems. This is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you hun! I LOVED re-discovering my powders, I really don't know what took me so long! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. A lovely card Penny, the mica powders look fabulous over this image. Thanks for another great entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith, I think I shall be using this image more often as I have several ideas of different ways to use it! It's a beautiful image - as they all are lol! ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow this is fab-u-lous! Beautiful use of the mica powders and the stamps work so well together. I love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I really enjoyed making this one! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous project - love the background colouring. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, thank you very much, I really appreciate it :) xx

      Delete