Friday, 27 May 2016

How does your Garden Grow?

This is my first entry to the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #23  We have some lovely colours to play with again, and I couldn't wait to get stuck in!  For this card I have used stamps from Punky Flowers, Punky Hearts and Steampunk Butterfly; Aqua Tints; Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink; pink acrylic paint.  I started with a piece of white card and stamped a lovely Deco style flower twice, then heat embossed the images in black.   As I wanted to make them the focal images I used drawing gum to mask the flowers and let it dry.  I used Aqua Tints to create a wash as a base for the background, then used a wet sponge randomly to remove some colour and add texture.   I then stamped a solid flower several times with DI.   On the top third of the panel I stamped a hearts background image, first in pink acrylic ( second generation) then in DI ( second and third generation).  Next I added some pink paint to the solid flowers as highlights, and stamped some Gothic style corners to the top of the card.  Having finished the background I rubbed the drawing gum off the first images ready to paint.  I used the tints and the acrylic paint to colour them.  I stamped a border from the Peacock Parade set onto some acetate and heat embossed it with Midnight Sapphire Obsidian powder.  Then I stamped a butterfly onto white card and heat embossed  with black powder.  I painted it with tints and cut it out.  I blended DI around the edges of the panel, stamped a sentiment, then attached the panel onto a black base card.  I attached the butterfly with dimensional glue to complete the design.  I really enjoyed creating this card, I love these colours and the stamps.  I think this lovely design will suit several occasions, and could be adapted for a male card too.

Saturday, 21 May 2016

Fairies in Flight

This is a similar post to yesterdays in that I've created a wall plaque and matching card, but this time I have chosen a Fairy theme for Jessie.   I created the plaque first and then the card.  For this project I have used stamps from Sheena Douglass' 'A Little Bit Sketchy' collection and Crafter's Companion Textures collection; Lavinia Stamps fairy; acrylic paints; H2O's; Brilliance Inks; gold Aqua Tint; As before I up-cycled a Christmas heart by sanding it lightly, painting it in white Gesso then in pink acrylic.  I stamped several different sizes of fairies onto the plaque using Brilliance inks, and a couple of dandelion images.  On a piece of white card I stamped a fairy and toadstools, then heat embossed them.  I painted them with pearlescent acrylics and H2O's then cut them out.  Next I die cut a fairy from purple cardstock, painted her hair and parts of her wings and added glitter.  I added glitter to the other fairy, die cut some foliage from Kraft card and added glitter.   I used air drying clay and some moulds to make the letters and butterflies, painted them pink and gold and added glitter.  I then sprayed all the pieces with varnish before assembling the artwork, attaching the embellishments with dimensional glue.  For the card I used glitter card for the focal panel, stamping some fairies and dandelions in Brilliance inks onto it.  I die cut the fairy out of purple cardstock and added glitter.  I also die cut the sentiment and letters, then attached them all to the panel.  I matted the panel onto purple card, then layered it onto the base card which I had already stamped with a dandelion border.  These projects have been a delight to create, and they can be easily adapted for either boys or girls of any age.

Friday, 20 May 2016

Fit for a Princess

I have two great nieces with birthdays in May, so I wanted to create something special for them and to personalise them.  I decided on a wall plaque and matching card for each of them.  Sophia is really into Princess' at the moment, so the theme was easy.   I have used stamps from Sheena Douglass' 'A little Bit Magical' collection; acrylic paints; H20 paints; Distress Inks; Brilliance Inks; Gold Aqua Tint; Pro Markers; air drying lightweight clay and a mould and various dies.  To create the plaque I started with a wooden Christmas heart which was in my stash, and sanded it lightly to provide a key for the paint.  I gave it a coat of white Gesso on both sides, then two coats of pink acrylic.  When that was dry I sponged some pearlescent purple acrylic all over the front.  On a piece of white card I stamped several images in black Versafine ink  and heat embossed in black powder; a Princess, toadstools, brick walls and a butterfly.  I painted the Princess and the butterfly with H2O's and pearlescent acrylic paints, using Pro Markers on the face and hair.  The bricks were coloured with Pro Markers as well.  I painted the toadstools with acrylics, then stamped some Ivy leaves in green Distress Ink.  I then cut all the images out and added  glitter to some of them.  I used part of a border die to create a coronet for the Princess and attached it to her head.  I took some clay and pressed it into an alphabet mould then left it to dry, painting it with pink acrylic and gold Aqua Tint afterwards.  I added Crystal Lacquer to the leaves, painted a wooden floral embellishment and added glitter.  When  all the parts were dry I gave everything a coat of spray varnish to make it durable, and attached all the images to the plaque with dimensional glue.    I used several of the same images to create the card, adding some die cut letters, number and sentiment.   I think these stamps are perfect for creating Fairy tail themed projects - and the design works for both home d├ęcor and cards alike.