Labels

Saturday 22 June 2019

Shrooms Galore! and Colourful Orchard

Shrooms Galore



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a couple of pretty and useful cards to share with you today, both are samples from last month's Chocolate Baroque tv shows.  For the first project I have used stamps from the beautiful Mushroom House, The Toadstool Garden, Mellow Fruitfulness and Tagtastic sets; black Versafine ink, clear and silver EP, Koh-I-Noor paints, pearlescent paints, silver marker pen and some raffia from my stash.



I stamped and embossed the tag onto black card with silver EP and cut it out.  I did the same with one of the 'hole' images.  I then stamped the Mushroom House in black Versafine ink and embossed the image with clear EP.  I used pearlescent paints to colour the image.  On a spare piece of black card I stamped and embossed a sentiment in silver, added silver pen around the edges and attached it to the tag with 3D foam,  On another piece of black card I stamped the cherry branch in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I painted the image as before and cut it out before attaching it to the tag.  I then added some red raffia from my stash.  



I took a piece of smooth white colouring card and stamped the Toadstool Garden image in black ink.  I painted just the toadstools with watercolour paints then added silver pen around the edges of the panel.  To complete the card I attached the focal panel to a black base card and added the tag beside it.



I really like this design, it is both colourful and cheerful and I think it would suit lot's of occasions and recipients.


Colourful Orchard



For this card I have used stamps from the Mellow Fruitfulness and Artistic Affirmations sets; grey Versafine ink, alcohol markers, red Versafine ink, clear EP, gold pen and a white pen.



I began with a piece of smooth white colouring card and stamped an apple branch in grey ink.  I masked the image then stamped it twice more.  I removed the masking tissue and coloured all the images with my pens, adding light and shade to make the apples appear round and the leaves fresh.  I added highlights with a white pen and a shadow line around the images with a pale grey one.



On another piece of card I stamped the same image three more times, coloured them and cut them out.  I stamped a sentiment in red Versamark ink and embossed it with clear EP, then added a gold pen around the edges of the focal panel and matted it onto red card before attaching it to a white base card.



I attached two of the cut out branches to the top of the card, and one at the bottom next to the sentiment, with 3D foam.  



I loved creating this card, not least because it's in my favourite colour!  Also I love colouring, so this design ticked all my boxes!
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post - feel free to leave me a comment and browse a few more posts - I'd love to know what you think.  I hope you will visit my blog again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Penny, I love them all but the tag is my favourite. I love the colours on the black card, it image really pops. All are beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for those kind words hun! :) I hope you are well xxx

      Delete