Labels

Sunday 2 June 2019

Punky Love





Hello and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I have a bit of Steampunk to share with you today, from the Chocolate Baroque shows last month on tv.  I love Steampunk and I will happily use any excuse to create artwork in this style!  So for this card I have used stamps from the Punky Romance set; Pebeo Dyna acrylic paints, Pearlex paints, Distress Oxide ink, black Vesafine ink, clear embossing powder, copper embossing powder, a stencil, a chain and a metal embellishment from my stash.



I began this project by stamping the butterfly machine image in black ink onto black card and embossed it with clear powder.  I did the same with the clock image and some cogs.  I masked the images and sponged paint all over the panel.  When that was dry I painted the images.



I added gold pen to the edges of the panel and mounted it onto another piece of black card.  I then took a white base card and stamped a few cogs randomly around the edges with DO ink, then used a cog stencil in the corners of the base card.
  



I attached the focal panel to the base card and then began to make the extra embellishments.  I stamped and embossed the fob watch case lid onto white card using black ink and clear powder.  I then used gold and copper pens to colour it before cutting it out.  I attached a length of metal chain from my stash to the fob watch, coloured it with the pens, then attached the other end of the chain to a metal butterfly from my stash.  I then attached both ends of the chain to the card, via the butterfly to the top of the card, part of the chain also at the top, and the fob watch which hung freely by the watch face on the focal panel. 



I used a copper Brilliance ink to stamp the word 'Love' and embossed it with clear powder.  I used a gold pen to add a line around the outside of the word, then cut it out.





I loved creating this one, combining two of my favourite things - Steampunk and Mixed Media!  I loved using the metalic colours and paints too.  I think this card would suit a lot of occasions and recipients, and it would look good in a frame as a piece of home decor.
Thanks for dropping by today I hope you've enjoyed this post - feel free to comment and/or browse further.  Hope you'll visit again soon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment