Labels

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Two Faces of Serena

Golden Serena




Hi and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I know it's early but I'm sharing a couple of my Christmas samples from the July Chocolate Baroque tv shows.  I have two cards to share with you today both featuring stamps from the beautiful Serena, Robin the Spruce and Lets Get Festive sets; Distress Oxide inks, alcohol pens, Versafine ink, gold embossing powder and pen, red pearl drops and some gems from my stash.
  


I took a piece of white colouring card and stamped Serena with grey Versafine ink.  I then used alcohol pens to colour her in and blended DO ink around the edges before adding gold pen.  



I added some gems from my stash colouring them with a pen to match the colours in the image.  



I stamped and embossed a sentiment in gold onto acetate, cut around it and attached it to the focal panel.  I then added some pearl drops as berries for the Holly. 

A Serene Christmas





This time I took a piece of black card and stamped Serena with Versamark before embossing her in gold.  I then painted her with pearl paints, a favourite technique of mine.  When the paints were dry I used a gold pen around the edges of the focal panel and a corner punch to cut notches in the corners.  I took some silver thread and attached it to the back of the focal panel with red liner tape, then threaded it through the notches to form another frame for the artwork.



Next I stamped some berries with DO ink onto a white base card in the corners, before attaching the focal panel.



I took a spare piece of black card and stamped and embossed the candle poem as before and attached it to the card.
   



I really enjoyed creating both of these cards, I feel that they show just how versatile this stamp is.  They also show how well all the gorgeous Christmas stamps work together.
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit again soon  :)  

4 comments:

  1. What a great stamp! I love this peaceful and serene gal. The first one...the background is well done with the evergreen and the green. Her colouring is sweet with the golden colours. The second one is dramatic with the metallic colours which I love and the white background with the pinkish/reddish berries and a nice backdrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, hope you are well :) Thank you so much for your comment xx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Oh Penny how beautiful your cards are, the Serena image is so beautiful and you've used wonderful colours. Stunning on the black card and all that sumptuous golden shades, love them both, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Thank you very much for your lovely comment! :) xx

      Delete