Labels

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Frosty Night in Laketown





Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another Christmas sample to share with you today featuring stamps from the Winter Edges and Lets Get Festive sets; Blue Sparkle pen, black Versafine ink, clear embossing powder, gold embossing powder, gold sparkle embossing powder, gold pen, white embossing powder, acetate, holographic glitter, blue Distress Ink, Christmas foliage dies and a gem from my stash.




On a piece of drawing cartridge I stamped the town image in black and embossed it with clear powder.  I then created a background using a blue Sparkle pen, a beautiful deep shade of blue that was perfect for a night sky.  I used a large brush and mixed the Sparkle pen with water to create a wash and painted the whole panel.  The sparkle in the colour looks like stars twinkling in the sky.  I then stamped and embossed a star in the sky using gold EP.  I wanted to create a reflection of the town in a lake, so I stamped the town onto a piece of acetate using black Versafine ink and gold Brilliance ink for the star.  Next I pressed the acetate onto the panel face down underneath the embossed town image.  This creates a mirror image, and the patchy coverage of the ink adds to the impression of a reflection.




I took a sheet of linen texture card to create the base card then die cut an oval aperture into the front.  I attached the completed focal panel to the inside of the front of the card so that the scene shows through the aperture.  Using some scraps of white card I die cut a pointsettia (layered) and some pine branches, all of which I edged with blue DI.  I then stamped and embossed some of the foliage images onto acetate with white EP.  I cut around them then added glitter to each piece and to the die cuts. 



I assembled the pointsettia and added a gem to the center  before attaching all the floral and foliage embellishments around the edge of the aperture, to frame the focal panel.





I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto the front of the card using gold sparkle EP.




I really love this design, it's a fairly simple one but no less stunning.  It can be created in different colours according to taste and/or recipient.
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and that you will visit again soon  :) 





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning Penny, beautifully designed and coloured, love it, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete