Labels

Monday 30 July 2018

Kaleidascope Heart




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I am sharing a golden oldie with you today, one of my Chocolate Baroque samples from last year.  I have used stamps from the Patchwork Butterfly, Just Butterflies, Large Crackle and Words of Inspiration sets; white gesso, cream emulsion paint, Pebeo Mixtion Paste, gold leaf, Distress Inks, clear Sparkle pen, gold embossing powder, gold gilding wax, sepia and grey Versafine ink, and a large wooden heart from my stash.



I began this project by giving the wooden heart a coat of white gesso and letting it dry.  I then painted it with a coat of cream emulsion left over from decorating the house.  When all the paint was dry I stamped around the edges of the heart with the large Crackle stamp, using first and second generation ink, to age the artwork.  I then stamped some swirl images randomly over the heart, and when the ink was dry I traced over the images with the mixtion paste and left it to go 'tacky'.  



I used gold leaf sheets on the paste to add a bit of sparkle.



The next step was to stamp some butterflies of various sizes on white card and emboss them in gold.  I also stamped and embossed a sentiment in gold onto another piece of white card, painted a wash of DI over it and tore the edges of the card.  I then blended the DI around the torn edges and stamped the crackle image.  
  



I used DIs to paint the butterflies and added some Sparkle pen before cutting them out and using a spray varnish to seal them.  I attached the sentiment panel to the heart then sprayed the whole thing with the varnish.   When everything was dry I attached the butterflies to the heart.  I then added gold gilding wax around the edges.







This project was so delightful to create, I really enjoyed it.  I love creating home decor, and I enjoy creating artwork that I would have in my own home.  I think this project would make a great 'New Home' present, or a present for any occasion.
Thank you very much for visiting my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will pop in again soon  :)   

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Penny, what a gorgeous plaque, I love the colours and beautifully coloured butterflies. It would certainly make a fabulous gift, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just anothe4 stunner! I love that crackle stamp and now will be on the hunt for one. So much went into this heart and it shows how much you love trying new things and working with so many different things. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete