Labels

Thursday 9 August 2018

Shabby - Scandinavian Christmas



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing another Christmas sample today featuring the lovely Winter Edges and Lets Get Festive stamp sets; Distress Oxide inks, Versamark ink, white embossing powder,Faded Denim Little Birdie Chalk Paint, multi glitter, red glitter and twine from my stash.



I began by taking a piece of Kraft card and stamping the Town image across the bottom of the card in Versamark ink, and embossing it in white.  I then stamped and embossed the snowfall edge in the same way across the top of the card.  




I then dry brushed the chalk paint over the embossed images, starting in the center of the panel and brushing outwards so that the edges of the panel look distressed and shabby.  I added some multi - coloured glitter to the embossed images and edged the panel with ink.




 I cut a panel of spare card a little bigger than the focal panel and added red glitter around the edges.  This creates a mat for the focal panel, which I attached when the glitter was dry.





Next I took a white base card and stamped the tree edge and the snowflake edge alternately across the card, in green and blue Oxide inks.  I then blended green ink around the edges of the base card, and attached the matted focal panel to it.  I cut a spare piece of Kraft card into a tag shape and stamped and embossed a sentiment on it in white.  I added paint as on the focal panel, edged the tag with ink, added some glitter and threaded twine through the tag.  
  


I wanted to create a card with a Scandinavian influence, I love the colours.  It was so much fun to experiment with the colours and textures that I have used, and I'm delighted with the result.  
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post - pop in again soon!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, the colours and texture are fabulous, I love the layout and the stamps you've use. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, thank you very much, I'm glad you like it - it's one of my favourite samples! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete