Labels

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Floral Sheet Music



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  Now - I know it's summer but being a crafter means that you have to look ahead - to Christmas!  So here is another of my Christmas samples featuring stamps from the Hark the Christmas Rose, Robin the Spruce and Let's Get Festive sets;  Versark ink, gold embossing powder, Pearlex paints, Distress Oxide ink and gold gilding wax.

.


I took a piece of black card and stamped the Christmas Rose image using Versamark ink, then embossed it with gold powder.  I love painting, and using pearl paints on black or dark card is one of my favourite techniques.  I decided to use quite traditional colours for the flowers, although the ones I have in my garden are burgundy .  I used white pearl paint for the petals, adding pink shading in the middle.   The pearlescent paints compliment the gold EP beautifully.  





When the paints were dry I tore the edges of the panel and added gold gilding wax before curling the top and bottom edges around a skewer, to make it look like an old piece of sheet music.  



I then took a spare piece of black card and stamped and embossed a sentiment as before.  I added gilding wax and tore the edges of the panel as before, then rolled the edges around a skewer again.  



On another spare piece of black card I stamped just the roses with Versamark ink and embossed them with gold EP.  I then painted them as before and cut them out.  


.
I then stamped some pine branch images onto a white base card using green DO ink.  I positioned the images in one corner of the card where I wanted to put the extra flowers.  I then attached the flowers with 3D glue, over and next to the foliage images.  This gave some perspective to the group, with the foliage appearing to be under the flowers.  



To complete this design I attached the focal panel and the sentiment panel to the base card.



I'm so pleased with the result of this design, it was quite quick to make and these gorgeous stamps made creating a beautiful card effortless.  This design will definitely be one of my Christmas card designs this year!
Thank you for popping in today, I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that I'll see you here again soon  :)



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Penny, wonderful design and colours, I love the shimmery paint and your choice of colours is beautiful, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you my lovely, I'm glad you like it - it's one of my favourites too lol! xxx

      Delete