Labels

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Tale of Two Palaces - Palace by Moonlight



Hello peeps and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I have the first of my Indian themed samples to share with you all, from the Chocolate Baroque shows in August.  This pretty card features stamps from the Indian Textiles and Paisley Elephant set; black Versafine ink, Distress Oxide ink - Abandoned Coral, clear embossing powder, Pearl White pearlescent paint, a silver pen and a gold pen.





I took a piece of black card and stamped the Palace-scape in the center using black ink, and embossed it with clear EP.  I then drew a large circle in the middle of the stamped and embossed image and painted it in with the pearl paint, to represent the moon.  Using the same paint I added some shimmery clouds to the sky above the Palace-scape, and some shimmery reflections below it giving an effect of water.  I then added highlights with a silver pen to the Palace-scape.







To complete the focal panel I added silver pen around the edges of it. 



I took a white base card and stamped the border image along the top and bottom edges with DO ink.  I then attached the focal panel to the base card.  I took a spare piece of white card and stamped a sentement in black.  I added highlights to the words with a gold pen and blended DO ink around the edges before attaching it to the card.  I then added some gold pen to the border pattern.   





This was a quick and easy card to make, but it looks like it took a lot of work!  It is a lovely design for lots of occasions and recipients, and I had a great time creating this and all my Indian themed samples!
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll pop in again soon  :) 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Totally stunning Penny, I love the image and the reflection, brilliant shimmer, love it. Hope all is good with you, it was great to see your fabulous makes on Hochanda the other day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much my lovely for your kind comments, so glad you liked the makes on tv :) xx

      Delete