Labels

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Take Time to Smell the Roses



Hello again and welcome to my blog  :)  This is another sample that I created for Chocolate Baroque's debut on Hochanda, using their Rose Stem Script and Belle Flowers stamp sets.  I have also used Distress Inks - Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Candied Apple, Vintage Photo; Stickles - Fruit Punch; white embossing powder and Versafine inks - black and grey.  



I began by creating the background panel with a piece of white card.  I stamped the large background image in grey ink and coloured it with  DI's, then blended ink around the edges.   I added stickles to the berries and left to dry.  I blended green ink around the edges of another piece of white card cut slightly larger than the background panel to create a border, matted the panel onto it then layered the whole thing onto a white base card.   On another piece of white card I stamped the Rose Stem Script and embossed in white powder.  I used masking fluid to mask the rose then blended yellow ink over the whole panel.  The embossing acts as a resist and shows through the ink.  I removed the masking fluid and painted the rose with DI's.  I tore the edges of the panel and blended ink around them.  



I attached the panel to the card with dimensional glue.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto a piece of white card and blended ink over it.  I then die cut the sentiment and blended ink around the edges, and attached it to the card with dimensional glue.



These lovely stamps can be used in a variety of ways for a variety of occasions.  I think this design would make a lovely birthday or retirement card, but with different colours and another sentiment it could be adapted to suit the recipient.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you will visit my blog again soon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment