Labels

Thursday 26 January 2017

Punky Pioneer



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a card which I created during my time on the Sheena Douglass Design Team to share with you today.  It was one of my samples for the Time Traveller PP Collection launch.  
I have used stamps from Steampunk Woman, Make Time, Geared Up and the co-ordinating dies; Distress Inks, SN Aquablend pens, Aquatints, Pebeo Dyna paints, gold embossing powder;  Pebeo black texture paste.   



I started by die cutting all the elements from black card.  I wanted to make them appear rusted and aged so I covered them all with the texture paste and left them to dry.   I then painted them with gold Dyna paint and a verdigris paint made from mixing white and teal Aquatints.  


I then took a piece of white card and blended DI's all over it.  I stamped the large clock face randomly then blended brown ink around the edges.  I stamped a pattern in each corner and embossed in gold.


Next I stamped the Steampunk woman onto white card and coloured her with Aquablend markers, then cut her out.  I also stamped the large clock face onto white card and embossed it in gold.  I then coloured the image with the pens and cut it out.  I had already die cut the clock hands in black card but I wanted to show the detail so I stamped them onto acetate and embossed in gold.  I then cut them out and attached them onto the die cuts.  I stuck the two clock face die cuts together to make one thick piece, then attached it to the stamped clock face.  I added some verdigris paint to the hands and attached them to the clock.  



I matted the background panel onto black card and layered it onto a white base card.  I attached the cogs, clock and woman with dimensional glue.   I then stamped a sentiment onto white card and embossed in gold, blended ink around the edges, then matted it onto black card.  I attached this to the card in the same way.

  



I really enjoyed creating this card, and using all the techniques, stamps and dies.  The Steampunk woman is a very striking image of a bold and independent woman, a pioneer even!  I am very pleased that I have managed to capture this and couple it with the vintage, aged  Steampunk design of this card.  I think this design will suit men and women of all ages, and various occasions, a really good 'worker' card!  
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and I hope to see you again soon!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi could you tell me which colours you used for the pioneer's skintones. I am having trouble figuring out the right combination thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am looking at the striking card while watching a program about women who need to fight to be considered equal! This reminds me of Rosie The Riveter and I can tell you really enjoyed creating this artistic piece. I love the antique look of the wheels and the woman is coloured beautifully...her skin tones are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, Thank you so much lovey I'm glad you like it :) Personally I LOVE Steampunk, and I have great fun creating my projects. I still have several DT samples to blog so I hope you will enjoy them too lol! I hope you are feeling better hun, also I loved your tag art on your blog xxx

      Delete
  3. WOW! WOW! WOW! So much work and it shows this is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernie, thank you so much for your lovely comment :) I love using different techniques in my art work! Thanks for visiting my blog too hun xxx

      Delete