Labels

Sunday 1 January 2017

DOTD Festival Mask



Hi there welcome to my blog - and Happy New Year!  I'm still catching up with blogging the projects I created in 2016!  I am sharing a mask that I made for the launch of Sheena Douglass' Day of the Dead embossing folders.  I have used a papier mache mask; Pebeo Dyna paints; black gesso; Pebeo Metallic markers; DOTD stamps and embossing folders.



I painted the mask with black Gesso and let it dry.  I then took some stamps, without any blocks, and stamped around the eyes and on one side of the face in Versamark ink and heat embossed with white powder.  I just pressed the stamps onto the mask with my hands.  I added further decoration to the eyes with a gold marker pen and Dyna paints.
  


The rest of the mask was embellished with Black card that had been embossed in the folders, painted with Dyna paints and gold marker pens then cut to fit.  I completed the mask by painting the lips.



I really enjoyed creating this mask, I'd never used any DOTD products before and this enabled me to create a very different piece of artwork than my usual.  I discovered that I REALLY love decorating masks!  Thank you for popping in today, Hopefully I'll see you next time  :)  




2 comments:

  1. I have never seen anyone create a mask before and this is excellent. Reminds me of Venice and all their beautiful costumes. I love it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Birgit and Happy New Year to you too! I'm so glad you like it - it was great fun to do lol! :) xx

    ReplyDelete