Labels

Monday 23 January 2017

Rainbow Flowers



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)   today I am sharing another of my samples for Chocolate Baroque with you.  This card showcases one of the large background stamps and a sentiment stamp, simple but very effective.  I have used CB stamps Belle Flowers and a sentiment from Rose stem Script; Pastel Aqua Tints; gold embossing powder; gold Pebeo marker pen; die cuts and a wooden embellishment.  



I began with stamping the Belle Flowers onto white card using Versamark ink.  This is a large stamp and I don't have a block big enough for it, so I placed the stamp flat onto my glass mat and then took the card to the stamp, pressing evenly all over the image with my fingers.  Try to keep your fingers flat to the card to avoid pressing too hard and transferring ink from the negative areas of the stamp.  I then heat embossed the image with gold powder.  




I painted the flowers with Aquatints except for the bell flowers which I left white and added glitter.  I always love to use bright colours, these inks have a softer hue which seem to suit the flowers.  I finished the panel by blending Distress Ink around the edges.



I took another piece of card, cut slightly bigger than the panel, and coloured the edge with gold marker pen.  I matted the panel onto the gold edged card, then layered it onto a white base card.  




To complete this card I added a sentiment panel.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and embossed it in gold.  I added a wash of Aquatints then die cut the panel.  I used the gold pen to edge the panel then attached it to the card with dimensional glue, I added a wooden bird painted with Aquatint and some die cut foliage.  I really loved making this card, it's a simple design but so pretty and effective.  I think this card is suitable for various occasions and for male and female cards.  

Thank you for popping in today, I hope you enjoyed this post and will come back again soon  :)

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely fresh Spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! It is so pretty, bright yet with colours that feel pastel..can I say feel?? Hahahaa anyhoo, this is so simple yet great. I wish I wasn't so crippled up so I could do some cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much for your lovely comment, yes you can say feel lol! :) Sorry to hear you're not crafting at the moment hun, I hope it's nothing too serious and that you feel better soon xxx

      Delete