Labels

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Decorative Tag Art



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing another of my 15 minute card samples for the Chocolate Baroque DT blog (  http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk )   This is a bi-monthly event to inspire crafters who want to make a quick card.  I have used stamps from the CB Fancy Flowers set; pearl acrylic paints, white embossing powder, silver marker pen, white gel pen.



I decided to create a large tag because I love tag art.  I started by die cutting  a piece of black card into a tag shape.  I then put silver marker pen around the edges of the tag.
  


I then stamped several floral images and embossed them in white. 



I then used pearl acrylics to paint the images.  These paints always add a lovely sheen to the artwork, and they show up really well on black card.  






Next I added some extra detail with a white gel pen.  





I matted the tag onto white card and cut out the tag shape, then added some ribbon as a finishing touch.  As I have said I love creating tag art, and I think this tag makes a great stand alone piece or could be attached to a card on top of patterned paper or any background.  This design would be good for a lot of occasions, and men and women of any age.
Thanks for dropping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed this post and will visit again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! It is so dramatic, romantic and vibrant with a hint of fantasy. I love the rich Blues in the flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thanks very much glad you like it! I love working on black card especially with pearl paints :) xx

      Delete