Labels

Saturday 5 January 2019

Imagine That!



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I hope you've had a great Christmas and New Year.  I have a tag to share with you today, featuring stamps from the Sing Your Song, Fly Away With Me and Words of Inspiration sets; Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, Versamark ink, clear and copper EP, Distress Oxide inks, copper sparkle EP, gold glitter texture paste, a gold and a copper pen and a die cut from my stash.



I took a greyboard tag and painted a coat of white gesso onto it.  When dry I blended DOs over it then used one of the colours to stamp the tail of the swirly bird image from the Fly Away With Me set.  



I edged the tag with Versamark ink and embossed with copper sparkle EP.  I then used the CB Useful Leaves stencil and applied gold glitter texture paste through it.  I wanted to create a 'part of a tree' effect on the tag, and the stencil provided foliage.  I attached a die cut branch from my stash just below the leaves.



 On a piece of white card I stamped a bird and a birdhouse image in blue Versafine ink and embossed them with clear EP.  I then coloured the images with DOs and cut them out.  I attached both the images to the tag, positioning them so that it looked like the bird was sitting in the tree, and the birdhouse was hanging from it.  



 I stamped the word 'Imagine' with Versamark ink onto white card and embossed it with copper EP.  I cut it into a label and edged it with copper pen, then added some dots and lines with a gold pen.  I attached the label to the bottom of the tag, and added some ribbons and fibres to complete the design.  
   


 I really enjoy creating and decorating tags, they are great fun to do and versatile too.  You can use them as a bookmark, or a piece of home decor, or as a topper on a card!  Also they can be designed to suit any occasion or recipient.
Thank you very much for popping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post - feel free to leave me a comment, and I hope to see you here again soon  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment