Labels

Thursday 17 January 2019

Golden Dawn




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a very cheerful card to share with you today featuring some of the beautiful bird stamps from December's tv shows.  I have used images from the Dawn Chorus, Live Out Loud and Let Your Heart Sing sets; Distress Oxide inks, Versamark ink, gold EP, gold pen, and a couple of stencils from my stash.  



I decided to create a DL card, so on a piece of CB drawing cartridge I created some hills with a mask using green DO ink, then moved the stencil and repeated the process using more ink to make the hills darker so that they appear in the foreground.  I used another stencil to create a sunburst with three colours of DOs. 



I stamped the Dawn Chorus collage image along the bottom of the panel using Versafine ink and embossed it in gold.  I did the same with two images of birds in grasses, and I wanted both images to be seen clearly so I stamped them above the first image to fit them in.   This made one of the images appear to be floating, so I decided to 'extend' the stalks of grass.  Using a very fine brush with glycerine I painted an extension of the grass and embossed it in gold as before.  




I then stamped and embossed the poem at the top of the panel and added gold pen around the edges.  I then matted the panel onto black card and set it aside.  


I took a white base card and stamped several worker images around the edges, using a DO ink, then attached the focal panel.




 I think this is such a colourful, cheerful card that it would bring a smile to the face of any recipient.  It is suitable for lots of occasions and most agegroups.  
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post, and that you'll come back soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. i love your card Penny, such gorgeous colours and that sentiment is beautiful.The sunburst is brilliant and the composition if images fab, love it all, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate my lovely, thank you so much for your kind comment :) xx

      Delete