Labels

Thursday 31 January 2019

Owl in Copper





Hello and wewlcome to my blog  :)  I have a stylish and fun card to share today, another of my CB samples from December's shows.  I have used stamps from the Wise Owl and Fly Away With Me sets; Copper Soft Form Relief Paste, copper embossing powder, copper artists pen, and gold gilding wax.


 On a piece of black card I stamped several different sizes of feathers with Versafine ink and embossed them in copper.  I then used a copper pen around the edges.  



I created some embellishments using the Soft Form paste, I spread it over the owl and feather stamps and left it to dry overnight.  Meanwhile I stamped and embossed the quote onto a spare piece of black card in copper.  I then tore the card around the quote and added gold gilding wax to the torn edges.  
   


When the paste was set and dry I peeled it off the stamps.  All the detail from the stamps was now revealed in 3D.  I added some gilding wax to all the embellishments to highlight the details.  





I attached the background panel to a white base card then added all the embellishments.  I positioned one of the feathers with the end of it's quill next to the last word of the quote, as if it had just finished writing it.  



I loved creating this card using just three colours, it is both stylish and striking.  I think it is suitable for any recipient, and many occasions.
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed reading this post - feel free to leave me a comment - and drop by again soon  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, I love the design and that owl is amazing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and I wonder where I could find some of that stuff to try on my stamps. I love the basic black, cooper and gold and a great saying to go along with the image

    ReplyDelete