Labels

Monday 2 July 2018

The Happiness Within



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I have a sample from the Chocolate Baroque shows in June featuring the beautiful Cacti and Succulents.  I have used stamps from the Blossom and Grow, Captivating Cacti, Scrumptious Succulents, and Large Crackle sets; Distress Oxide inks, Versamark ink, and gold embossing powder.



On a piece of CB drawing cartridge I stamped and embossed a couple of images in gold before covering them with masking tissue.  I then blended several colours of DOs all over the card, using colours that would give a hot, dry feel to the artwork.  To complete the arrid look I stamped the Large Crackle randomly around the edges of the panel.
  


I painted the images with DO inks.  The chalky finish and variety of colour when the inks dry were ideal for these images, and really complemented the shine of the embossing powder.  



I stamped a sentiment in the same brown ink that I stamped the Large Crackle in.   




I matted the focal panel onto dark card, then stamped and coloured a single flower in each corner of a white base card.  When the flowers were dry I attached the focal panel to the base card.
  




This is quite a simple card but the stamps are so beautiful that they don't need any more embelishing.  This card would suit a number of occasions and recipients, a great worker card.
Thank you very much for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll drop by again soon  :)  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, beautiful cards, I love this stamp, it lends it's self to many fabulous styles, I love your design and colours, hope all is well with you , Kate x

    ReplyDelete