Labels

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Inspire and Create




Hello peeps and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a piece of mixed media to share with you today, another of my samples from the CB shows last month featuring the gorgeous Cacti and Succulent stamps.  For this project I have used the Captivating Cacti stamp and words from the Bird of Joy set; Pearlex paints, gold pen, gold gilding wax, gold embossing powder, Versamark ink, clear texture paste and a stencil from my stash.




I took a greyboard substrate and painted it with black gesso.  When it was dry I stamped the cacti image in Versafine ink and embossed it with gold EP.  I then painted the image with pearlescent paints which really pop on a black background.  



I took a stencil from my stash and added clear texture paste through it.  I let the paste dry naturally then rubbed some gold gilding wax over it to accentuate the pattern and add even more bling!  I added gold pen around the edges of the panel, punched a couple of holes at the top and threaded some Bakers Twine through to hang it by.    



I stamped the words in black ink onto white card and embossed them with clear powder.  I die cut the word panels and ran a black fine liner around the inside edge of the die with the card still in situe.  I then removed the card and used the gold pen around the outer edges.  I attached the word panels in 3D.



This is a lovely little wall hanging, quick and easy to create it would cheer up any room or make a great present.
Thank you very much for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and you'll visit again soon  :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, my goodness this is stunning, I love the colours, not often you see a blue cactus, beautiful background and overall design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much my lovely, I'm glad you like it :) xx

      Delete