Labels

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Time Travel in Love



Hi there, welcome to my blog  :)  I have a card to share with you today that I made for my husband last week, for our anniversary.  I have used stamps from Andy Skinner, Indigo Blue and Visible Image; dies from Sheena Douglass; Distress Oxide  inks, Distress Inks, gold and silver gilding waxes.



I began with a piece of white card.  I put three contrasting colours of DOs onto my glass mat and spritzed them with water, then dragged the card over them.  The colours blend themselves together on the card.




Once the inks were dry I used the corresponding colours of Distress Inks to stamp images randomly over the card, adding Vintage Photo to stamp the clock.  



I then took a white base card and stamped the images again with the DIs randomly around the edges of the card to create a border.  I blended one of the colours around the outer edges to soften and shade the images.






Next I die cut several images from black card and used gold and silver gilding waxes to colour them.
I then edged the background panel with a gold pen and matted it onto black card.  I attached the panel to the base card and added the die cuts.  I stamped a sentiment onto a piece of spare background card using Sepia Versafine ink, and highlighted the words with gold pen.  I then edged the panel with gold pen and matted it onto black card to match the background panel.  I attached it to the card with dimensional glue, then die cut some anniversary words from black card, gilded them and attached them below the sentiment panel.
 


I had a ball creating this card, luckily my husband likes it too!  I used stamps and dies that I haven't used for a while, and of course my lovely DOs and DIs.  The sentiment has special meaning to us so I was delighted when Visible Image brought it out.  This is a great design for a man card but I'm sure a lot of women would like to receive it too, perhaps with a slight colour change.  It will suit a lot of occasions too.
Thank you very much for visiting my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post, feel free to browse a few more and I hope you'll come back soon  :) 

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I love that background because there seems to be many colours but they all work well together. The time pieces and the sentiment are just right and I love that hourglass

    ReplyDelete