Labels

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Deep Sea Wonder



Hi and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I am going underwater with you today, sharing one of my samples from the Chocolate Baroque shows in December featuring the lovely Seaside stamps.  I have used stamps from the Underwater, Mermaid Queen and Ammonite sets; Distress Crayons, white embossing powder, alcohol pens, Distress Inks, gold pen.




I began by taking a piece of Kraft card then stamping and embossing the Ammonite in white powder.  I partially coloured the image with a brown alcohol pen, letting the card colour show through.  I then masked the image, stamping and embossing two other images either side and slightly on top of the Ammonite.  I then masked those images.
  



To create the background I scribbled Distress Crayons randomly all over the Kraft card, then I blended the colours with a little water on my finger.  I used colours that I thought would represent the sea, and the application gives a shimmering effect.  




I removed the masks and coloured the images with DIs and water, adding some colour to the bottom of the panel for the sea bed.




I added gold pen around the edges of the panel, matted it onto navy card and attached that to a white base card.  I blended DI around the edges of the card then made a sentiment panel.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment in white onto some Kraft card.  I then used a couple of the crayons to add colour and edged it with gold pen.  I then matted it onto navy card and attached it to the card.



I really enjoyed creating this design, using these beautiful stamps and playing with mixed media which I LOVE!  The colours have helped me create the design and effects that I wanted, I am so pleased with the result.  This card is suitable for a lot of occasions and for any recipient.
Thank you for popping by my blog today, I hope you have enjoyed this post - feel free to leave me a comment, and I hope you'll be back soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Penny, your colours are amazing, so bright and bold, beautifully designed too, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete