Labels

Monday 8 January 2018

A Peacock Portrait in Blue.




Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I'm sharing a piece of mixed media home decor that I have just created.  I decided to design and create this piece to enter the Country View Challenges January challenge - Anything Goes. http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/  As you may know if you've visited my blog before - I love these Peacock stamps!  I have used them for a lot of my projects but not for a while, so they were my first choice.  
For this piece I have used stamps from the Peacock Parade and Tangled Peacock sets; Dyna Paints, black gesso, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, gold glitter texture paste; Sissix and Intricut dies from my stash; a stencil and some gems from my stash.  



I took a small canvass and painted it with black gesso.  I then stamped a Peacock with Versamark ink and embossed it with clear powder.  This is just a guide to centre the artwork.  Next I stamped and embossed the Peacock and several large images on black card, painted them and cut them out.  



I then applied some texture paste through a stencil to create a border around the Peacock, and left it to dry.


I then gathered my painted images and added to them by die cutting two sizes of feathers from black card.  I painted each feather and added gems.




I used a recycled piece of packaging to create a mount for the canvass, painting it with Dyna paint.  I peeled the top layer of card in each corner to add more texture.





I attached the canvass to the mount then began arranging and attaching the stamped and cut out images.
 


I attached all the embellishments with dimensional glue to make them 3D. 





As I've already said I LOVE my Peacock stamps!  The Dyna paints are irredescent which really adds to the artwork and lifts the whole peace.  The feather dies are a new addition to my stash, and I think this is a lovely way to christen them!
Thank you very much for visiting today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and that you'll pop in again soon  :)









8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Penny, what wonderful colours and textures, I love the peacock image and the border. Amazing design.
    So thrilled you're now a permanent team member, well deserved and you will be a tremendous asset to CB, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for those lovely words! I really am a lucky girl :) xx

      Delete
  2. I’m in love with this beautiful art piece with the jewel tones in blue. You created something truly special. I love it! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much my lovely :) Happy New Year to you too hun! xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! The peacock and the feathers are painted perfect.
    Thank you for sharing your work with us at Country View Challenges! Happy New Year! x Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn, thank you so much for your lovely comment :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow this is stunning, I love your peacock and it's feathers. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a fun week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete