Labels

Sunday 21 January 2018

Country Dolls



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have an 'oldy but goody'  card to share with you today, it's a sample that I made it some time ago for Chocolate Baroque's Russian Shows.  I have used stamps from the Babushka, Silhouette Palaces, Large Crackle, Words to Dazzle and Sparkle and Magical Landscapes sets; Aqua Tint Perfectly Primary paints, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink.
 


I began by stamping a set of Russian dolls onto white card using black ink.  I masked the images  then drew a large circle on the card and masked that.  I painted the background and sky next, adding hills in the background.



I removed the mask from the circle and painted it yellow for the sun, then I stamped a Silhouette Palace in black ink and some trees in the background.  I stamped some clouds in the sky and faux bleached them then added some more clouds freehand.



 I used a stencil from my stash to add a large tree in the foreground to the side of the picture.  I really like the way it frames the scene, and the way the branch goes across the moon.  I then removed the masks from the dolls and painted them with DI's.



I took the crackle stamp and stamped it in black all around the edges of a white base card.  I then matted the focal panel onto black card and attached it to the base card.  I stamped a sentiment onto some white card using black ink and embossed it in clear powder.  I die cut the sentiment and added ink while the die was still on the card, using it as a stencil.  I then removed the die and added more ink to the outer edges of the panel and attached it to the card with dimensional glue.
 


I really love the simplicity and bright colours of this card, I think it works well as a design.  I wanted  this design to have a very rural and rustic feel to it.  This card would suit most occasions and recipients, it would certainly make a bright and cheerful gift!
Thank you so much for dropping in today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and will pop in again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow what amazing colours Penny, lovely images and a super design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete