Labels

Friday 25 October 2019

Heart of the Garden




Hello - welcome to my blog  :)  I have a bit of mixed media Home Decor to share with you today, which is also featuring on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog as well today     https://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.com  I have used stamps from the Filigree Trading Hearts and the Celebration Bouquet sets; CB stencils - Useful Leaves and Seasonal Elements; another stencil from my stash, Distress Oxides, texture paint, black Versafine ink, clear EP, Koh-I-Noor watercolour paints, Little Birdie chalk paint, a black fine liner pen and a gold pen from my stash.  



I took an MDF board and gave it a coat of white gesso followed by a coat of Little Birdie chalk paint.  I stencilled some leaves across the top of the board using DO ink, then again with texture paint. 
   


I added some 'flowers' by stencilling through the Seasonal Elements stencil and another from my stash in shades of blue. 



I used a black fine liner pen to add outlines to the textured leaves then added dots with a gold pen.




I took a piece of white card and stamped three hearts in black ink then embossed it with clear EP.  I painted the hearts with watercolour paints before cutting them out.  I assembled and attached them to the board.



On a spare piece of card I stamped and embossed the bouquet image, painted it and cut it out, then attached it in the center of the hearts.  



I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto a spare piece of white card, cut around it and painted it.  I added gold dots and highlights then attached it to the board in 3D.



This was such a fun project to doI think this design would also be lovely as a card, suitable for many occasions and recipients.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that you will visit my blog again soon  :)    

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, brilliant colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,thanks for your lovely comment! 😊 I hope you are well hun xxx

      Delete