Labels

Sunday 31 March 2019

Swirley Mannequin




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another of my sewing room samples to share with you today.  I have used stamps from the Haberdashery, March Fairy and Artistic Affirmations sets; Distress Oxides, black Versafine, clear EP, alcohol pens, silver pen and masking tissue.    





On a piece of white card I stamped the swirly mannequin image in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I coloured the bodice with alcohol pens then masked the image.



I stamped and embossed an image of two cotton reels, coloured them then masked them as before. 



I created the background blending three shades of pink DOs.  




I stamped several worker images randomly all over the panel, using the same inks as the background.  I then blended black ink around the edges of the panel, removed the masks and matted it onto black card. 



I took a piece of acetate and stamped and embossed a pair of scissors as before.  I cut them out and coloured them on the reverse with a silver pen.  I then stamped and embossed the word 'Create' in black onto a small panel of white card.  I edged the panel with pink ink then matted it onto black card and attached both panels to a white base card.



This was a lovely little card to create, I'm not usually a 'pink' person, but I gave it a go and I'm very pleased with the result.  I think this would make a great birthday card, or even a retirement card for a seamstress!
Thank you so much for visiting today, I really hope you enjoyed this post and will pop in again soon  :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card Penny, your design is wonderful and gorgeous colours too, the scissors are amazing, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much hun! I hope you're well :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sameer, thank you very much for your lovely comments, and thanks for visiting my blog :) Lady P x

    ReplyDelete