Labels

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Oriental Mannequins



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a bright and cheerful card to share with you today, one of my samples for the Chocolate Baroque February shows.  I have used stamps from the Haberdashery and Floral Mannequins sets; Distress Oxide inks, black Versafine ink, clear embossing powder, gold pen, gold gilding wax and an embossing folder from my stash. 



I began by stamping one of the mannequin images from the Haberdashery set twice in black ink and embossing them with clear powder.  I painted the images with DOs then masked them with masking tissue  before creating the background.  I blended DOs on the piece of white card, then I stamped several worker images in the same colours randomly over the card.  



I removed the masks from the mannequins on the card, and added gold pen around the edges.  I took a piece of black card and embossed it in a folder, then added gold gilding wax to emphasise the pattern.  I attached the background panel to the embossed one and then attached them both to a white base card.  On another piece of white card I stamped and embossed the two floral mannequins, painted them with DOs and cut them out.  I then attached them both to the card over the first mannequins using 3D pads.  



On some spare white card I stamped and embossed a sentiment, one of the lace images (twice), a thimble, a pin cushion and some cotton reels.  I used a small tag die to cut out the sentiment, added DO ink through the die, like a stencil, while the card was still in the die.  I added gold pen around the outer edge of the tag and added some gold ribbon.  I coloured and cut out the other embellishments before attaching them to the card.  




 I really love these floral mannequins, they shouted 'Oriental' to me as soon as I saw them, the flowers and neckline remind me of chinese jackets.  This is such a colourful and cheerful card, I think it would suit a lot of occasions and recipients.
Thank you so much for dropping by today I hope you've enjoyed this post, and that you'll come back soon  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Everything about your creation is stunning Penny. Love this embossed background and the fabulous bright colours. The images and stamping are amazing, you are one creative lady, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete