Labels

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Autumn Ball




Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have one of my CBDT samples to share with you today from the recent tv shows.  This bright and cheerful card features stamps from the Butterfly Dress, Floral Edges and Loving Sentiments sets; Distress Oxide inks, black Versafine ink, glitter, and a border die from my stash.

         


On a white base card I blended three colours of DOs, then stamped the floral edge using one of the coloured inks along the top and bottom edges. 




Next I took a piece of colouring card and stamped the Butterfly Dress image using black ink.  I then coloured it with pens.
  


I added some glitter to the flowers, and coloured over the bodice with a clear sparkle pen.

                     


I then coloured the background of the panel to co-ordinate with the base card colours and used an edging die to decorate the top and bottom edges of the panel.   




I blended DO ink around the edges of the panel and matted it onto black card.  I then stamped the floral edge image onto white card in black ink, painted the flowers with DO inks and cut each flower out seperately. 


I attached the focal panel to the base card with 3D foam, slightly off center.  I stamped a sentiment down the other side of the card in black ink then attached the single flowers with 3D glue gel.   




I love this card!  The colours just work so well together, and this stamp is such a beautiful image to work with.  It is a colourists dream, I have coloured it with pens for this project but I could have painted it or used colouring pencils.  This design is great for many different occasions and recipients.
Thank you for popping in today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and that you'll come back again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Penny, what a WOW of a card, the colours and background stamping are fabulous, and I love the image, and your design.
    I hope your knee is healing well and that your mobility is getting beter, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Penny. Really beautiful. You shall go to the ball!
    Hope you are all mended.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete