Labels

Monday 1 October 2018

An Elephant Never Forgets



Hello there and welcome to my blog  :) I am sharing a quick easy card with you today, featuring more stamps with an 'Indian influence' that I created and was featured on the CBDT blog in the '15 Minute Cards' post.  
For this card I have used stamps from the Paisley Elephant set; Versafine ink, Distress Oxide inks, Masking Tissue, a gold pen and ribbon from my stash.



I began by stamping the small Elephant image onto white card using grey Versafine ink, then I masked it with masking tissue.  I stamped the background panel over the Elephant using DO ink.  I removed the mask and painted the image with DO inks, and added accents with a gold pen.  I added gold pen around the edges of the panel, then attached a narrow ribbon to it.  



I don't know about you but I am frequently forgetting people's birthdays!  Or remembering them late - does that sound better?  ;)  So I decided to make this card a belated birthday card.  I matted the focal panel onto black card and attached it to a coloured base card, ensuring that I left enough space at the bottom of the card for the sentiment.  I then stamped that in black ink.




Although this is a quick and easy card I think the design is no less elegant, fresh and cheerful.  This card would suit any recipient, and lots of occasions.  
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that I'll see you again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet card and I love the blue background and the cute elephant. I love the saying which is my problem as well. I blame it all on menopause

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.....so do I Birgit! Lol!! Thank you hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete