Labels

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Free as a Bird



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a one of my CB samples from September's tv shows to share with you today.  This pretty design features stamps from the Birdcage Collage, Amazing Mackintosh Words and Decorative Edges sets; Distress Oxide inks, alcohol pens, black Versafine ink, clear embossing powder and some die cuts and pearls from my stash.  



I began this project  with a piece of white card and I blended three colours of DO inks over it.  You can use any colours to suit your recipients taste, I have used Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac and Cracked Pistachio on this occasion because I love the combination.  



After blending the inks I used Versamark ink to stamp the Harlequin border down one side of the background panel, and then heat embossed it with clear powder.  I did this to add dimension and texture to the panel without taking any of the colours away. 




On another piece of white card I stamped the Birdcage Collage image in black ink then coloured it with my pens.  The collage image is so beautifully drawn it is a colourists dream.

   


After matting and layering the background panel  I attached it to a white base card that I had edged with DO ink.  I then attached the focal panel with 3D tape slightly off center.  I coloured a couple of feather die cuts to co-ordinate with the card, and added a couple of pearls to them.  I then tucked them under the edge of the focal panel, attaching them with a little glue.  



I took a piece of spare white card and stamped and embossed a sentement.  I then die cut and embossed it, adding ink through the die like a stencil.  I edged the piece with black pen  and added some pearls before attaching it to the card.  



This design was a delight to create, the stamps are just so beautiful you can't help creating a lovely project.  I have chosen to make this a birthday card but it could easily be a 'get well' card, 'retirement card' or whatever you like.  
Thanks for popping in today, I hope  you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit my blog again soon   :)  

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card Penny, I love your choice of colours and the lovely textured background. It's a gorgeous stamp and coloured up beautifully, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much lovey! I really like this one too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I tried writing on my tablet and now my comments don't take! Grrr. Anyhoo-love the colouring and how one can't see the marker lines. I love the diamonds embossed in clear powder and just the richness of the pastels, if that makes sense. so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, sorry for the late reply - thank you so much for your lovely comment :) I hope you've got the better of your technical problems by now hun, take care xxx

      Delete