Labels

Monday 4 June 2018

Tangled Feathers



Hello there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I'm sharing one of my samples from the Chocolate Baroque Floral and Feather shows last month.  I have used stamps from the I Shall Be Your Wings set; alcohol markers, black Versafine ink, grey Distress Ink, and clear embossing powder. 



On a piece of white colouring card I stamped three feathers in black ink and embossed them with clear powder.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment in the same way, positioning it in the centre of the feathers.



 The two larger feathers have some lovely patterns in them, like zentangle, and they are a joy to colour.  I love colouring and colour blending, and the feathers are ideal for this.  When I had finished colouring them I added a shadow line around all the feathers.  I then blended DI around the edges of the focal panel and matted it onto navy card to compliment the colours of the feathers, before adding the panel to a white base card.





This is a lovely quick card to make, and a colourists dream.  This design is suitable for a variety of occasions, and for all recipients. 
Thank you very much for  visiting my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll drop in again soon  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny, gorgeous card, love the feathers design and the pretty shades of colour, Kate x

    ReplyDelete