Labels

Friday 13 April 2018

Tag from the Orient



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)    I have another sample from the Chocolate Baroque 'Eastern' shows last month to share with you today.  For this project I have used stamps from the Eastern Grasses and Artistic Affirmations sets; Distress Oxide inks, black Versafine ink, gold pen, gold Liquid Pearls, gold and black Stickles, dies and embellishments from my stash.
   

 I took a piece of white card and blended the inks onto it, then used a large tag die to cut it.  I stamped some grasses along the bottom of the tag and on both sides of the top in black ink.  I stamped a word at the top of the tag and a bird next to it.  I added gold Liquid Pearls around the images and added gold pen around the edges of the tag.  I then took a piece of acetate and stamped the image of the grasses in a frame in black ink, and embossed it with clear powder.  I cut the acetate into a strip a little bigger than the stamped image and wider than the tag by about half an inch each side.  I scored the acetate, a little bit in from the edges, and attached it to the tag with red double sided tape.  The acetate forms a dome over the stamped grasses on the tag.  I added black Stickles to the flowers for extra sparkle and texture.  I then matted the tag onto black card and cut around it leaving a border.




I then punched a hole in the top of the tag and added a chinese coin and some coloured fibres to finish the tag.  This pretty tag would make a lovely present, a piece of home decor or a door hanger.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll come back soon  :) 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, your tag is so beautiful, I love the colours and the grass images you've used, amazing idea to use the acetate, you are always so inspirational, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, thank you so much my lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete