Labels

Sunday 15 April 2018

Floral Bookmark



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a sweet little Vintage Bookmark to share with you today, I created it for the CBDT blog '15 Minute Cards' post today.  I have used just one stamp from the Serenity set; colouring pencils, grey Versafine ink, some lace, fibres and a button from my stash.



I often have strips of card left over from cutting a panel or whatever, and I NEVER throw anything away - which is probably why I can't get into my craft room half the time lol!  I took one such strip of Neena Dessert Storm colouring Kraft card and stamped a beautiful Water Lilly image with grey ink.  I then coloured the image with pencils, shading and blending where necessary.




Next I added a piece of lace from my stash.  I used red double sided tape to attach it to the back of the focal panel, as I find that this tape is the quickest and best way to attach things like ribbons, lace etc.  I then took a little button in a contrasting colour, threaded a piece of fibre through it and  tied a knot.  I then attached the button to the lace, and matted the panel onto another piece of spare card which was slightly bigger than the panel and longer.




I cut the corners off the longer end, punched a hole and threaded some more fibres through it.
  



I'm really pleased with the result of this little project.  It's quick and simple to create; it's a great way to use up all those spare strips of card, and they make lovely presents or keepsakes.  Of course you can use any stamped image you like, any colours and whatever media you like - pens, pencils, paints etc.  You can also personalize them on the back with the recipients name.  
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit again soon  :) 

2 comments:

  1. A really sweet little bookmark Penney, beautifully desined and coloured, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete