Labels

Friday 27 April 2018

Eastern Sunrise




Hello there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have one of my 'Eastern' samples from the Chocolate Baroque shows last month to share with you today.   I absolutely love these stamps, they are all so beautiful you can't help but create lovely things!  I have used stamps from the Serenity, Eastern Grasses, Landscape Edges and Artistic Affirmations sets; Distress Oxide inks, black Versafine ink, clear texture paste, Diamond Stickles, clear embossing powder, a couple of stencils from my stash.




I began with a piece of white card and stamped the lady and the two large lamp images in black ink then embossed them with clear powder.  I masked them off with masking tissue,  then used DOs to create a landscape background.  Using a sun ray stencil I added pink, yellow and orange DOs to the sky to create a sun rise behind the lady who's meditating.  I stamped the tree landscape edge image with DO ink.



I decided that the lady would be meditating by a river or a pond, so I painted the bottom of the background blue.  I wanted to give the effect of ripples or waves so I used clear paste through a stencil to add texture.  





When the paste was dry I added clear stickles to create a shimmer on the water.  Next I removed the masks and coloured the images with pens, then I added Glossy Accents to the lamps to represent glass.
  



I took a cream base card and stamped some foliage from the Wisteria Lane set along the top edge.  I used a couple of other foliage images to create a border along the other edges of the card.



I stamped the same trailing foliage along the top of the background panel in Versamark ink and embossed them in black powder.  I then stamped a butterfly and some floral images onto white card and embossed them  in black.  I coloured the images with pens and cut them out.  




I added gold pen to the edges of the background panel, then matted it onto black card and attached it to the base card.   I added the floral images to the card in 3D.




On a spare piece of white card I stamped and embossed a sentiment, then die cut it and added ink through a stencil to create another sunrise.  I added gold pen to the edges of the   panel and attached it to the card in 3D.  






I really love this card - it was a wrench to send it off as a sample!  It was a dream to create, every stage went exactly as planned and the stamps are so gorgeous it's a joy to use them!  I think this design would make a special card for a lot of occasions and for both male and female recipients.
Thank you very much for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post - feel free to browse some more and I hope you'll drop by again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny what a stunner this is, the depth of colour is fabulous and your combination of stamps is brilliant, great texture and love the sparkly water, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much I'm glad you like it :) This is one of my favourites ;) xxx

      Delete