Labels

Friday 13 April 2018

Oriental Garden






Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a lovely card to share with you today, one of my samples for the Chocolate Baroque 'Eastern' shows last month.  I have used stamps from the Eastern Grasses, Serenity and Artistic Affirmations sets; Distress Oxide Inks, Versamark ink, black Versafine ink, gold embossing powder, gold pen, gold Liquid Pearls and a stencil from my stash.




Next I stamped the focal images that I wanted to use onto white card  and embossed them in gold.  I then coloured the images using the same inks as I used for the background, except the lady's skin which I coloured with alcohol pens.  
   





I took a white base card and stamped foliage and small swirls along both sides of the card using one of the inks, then blended the same ink around all the edges.






I matted the background panel onto black card and then attached it to the base card.  




I then attached the focal images to the card with 3D glue.  




I stamped a word in a top corner of the background panel with black ink and added gold Liquid Pearls around it.




I wanted to create a sense of calm for this card, with the Serene lady meditating in a cool, calming garden.  I have LOVED creating with these beautiful stamps, they are so versatile that I think they would suit any occasion and recipient.
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit again soon  :)  

1 comment:

  1. You've certainly achieved the sense of calm Penny, beautifully designed and coloured. I love the images you've used, the Buddha is gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete