Labels

Thursday 8 March 2018

A Walk in the Moonlight



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing one of my tv samples from the Chocolate Baroque shows last month featuring the lovely Scenic and Countryside stamps.  I have used a stamp from the Landscape Edges, Silhouette Grasses and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets: black Versafine ink, Versamark ink, white charcoal, clear embossing powder, silver gilding wax, silver marker pen, silver embossing powder and dies from my stash.



I began with a piece of black card and stamped the image with Versamark ink, then embossed it with clear powder.  



I then used white charcoal to create a background of a large moon and some clouds.  I love using the white charcoals, especially for clouds as they naturally give a 'fluffy' texture.  I smudged the clouds a little with my finger and added highlights .




On some spare black card I die cut some branches and foliage then added silver gilding wax to them.



Next I took a white base card and stamped several images from the Sihouette Grasses set around the edges of the card.  I used black Versafine ink with first, second and third generation ink.  




I used a silver pen around the edges of the focal panel then matted it onto another piece of black card, and attached that to the base card.  I then attached the die cut branches and foliage.




On a spare piece of black card I stamped a sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with silver powder.  I cut the card into a banner shape and edged it with silver pen, before attaching it to the card.


I had a ball creating this card!  I love working with a limited pallette every now and again, and black and white designs are one of my favourite choices.  I also love creating moonlit scenes too as they are so atmospheric.  This is a lovely design that can be adapted for any occasion and any recipient.
Thank you so much for popping by today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and you'll call in again soon  :)  

4 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love the silver with the whites and blacks and the depth of this card grabs one’s attention. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thanks so much for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  2. WOW I think this is stunning Penny, wonderfully atmospheric with the silver and black. Your design is fabulous, love those colours, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much for your lovely comment, I'm so glad you like it! :) xx

      Delete