Labels

Monday 12 March 2018

Morning Glory



Hello there and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing one of my samples from the February CB tv shows featuring the gorgeous Scenic Countryside stamps.  I used images from the Landscape Edges and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets; Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Black Soot and Wilted Violet, black Versafiine ink,  clear embossing powder,  a stencil from my stash.  



I began as always by working out a design using paper examples of the images.



On a piece of white card I stamped the country sunrise edge in black ink and embossed it with clear powder.  I then placed the sun ray stencil on the card and applied DIs through it.




I stamped the clouds edge with DI along the top of the panel then stamped and embossed  some birds  in black.



I matted the focal panel onto black card.  I took a white base card and stamped silhouette trees from the Country Views set along the top and bottom edges of the card in black ink.  



I added a sentiment in black ink to the focal panel. 




I'm really pleased with how this card has turned out.  I love the bright, cheerful feel that I have acomplished with these colours.  This design is a great card for any recipient celebrating a variety of occasions.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post - pop in again soon!  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is hopeful, fun and just puts a smile on my face. I love the sunburst and the colours are so perfectly composed. I love the blue of the clouds up top....so very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much hun, glad you like it and you totally get it xx :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing colouring Penny, beautiful scene too. I love the composition of images, love your whole piece, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, thank you very much for your kind words, I'm so glad you like it xx :)

    ReplyDelete