Labels

Tuesday 20 March 2018

The Distant Folly.



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing another sample card from the CB tv shows which aired in February, featuring the beautiful Scenic Countryside stamps.  I have used stamps from the Sunburst Scenes, Country Views, Landscape Edges, and Fantasy Woodland, sets; alcohol markers and Distress Inks, Brushos, black Versafine ink, white charcoal.




I took a piece of white card and stamped the wall image with black Versafine along the bottom edge, masked it and stamped it again to extend the wall.  I removed the mask then used a paintbrush to add water to the stones and sprinkled black Brusho over the wall.  I wanted to have the effect of exploding colour but with more control.  I let the paint dry then masked the wall again to protect it.  



Next I stamped images of the Folly, the sun, the bridge and some trees to create a scene, and I used a black liner pen to connect the images and create some hills. 



I used alcohol markers to colour the images and the scene, adding shading where the images have dots and lines.  I added some clouds to the sky with white charcoal and some highlights on the river, then removed the mask from the wall, blended black DI around the edges of the panel and matted it onto black card.





I stamped a sentiment onto one of the hills in black Versafine ink.  I then took a white basecard and stamped several small worker images around the edges of the card using DIs, and blended ink along the very edges.  I then attached the focal panel.



This card is a great design for any occasion, and male and female cards.  I really enjoyed creating this design, these beautiful stamps make it easy to create scenes, and by changing colours you can choose any season for your scene.
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post, I'd love it if you leave me a comment and do pop in again  :)     

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Penny, fabulous vivid colours and wonderful composition of images. I feel as if I could go walking in your beautiful scene, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for your kind words, wouldn't it be lovely to have that as a view every day too? :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love it! It reminds me of an English fairy tale. I love the stone wall with the vibrant green

    ReplyDelete