Labels

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Poppies in Purple




Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing another of my tv samples for this week's Chocolate Baroque shows with Lesley.  One of my more recent crafty passions is colouring, using alcohol markers or pencils, I love both and I got the bug about a year ago. So for this design I combined stamping - another passion - with colouring.  I have used stamps from CB's Poppy Meadow, Pretty Poppies and Birthday Words sets; CB Kaleidoscope of Butterflies stencil, Alcohol Markers, Distress Inks, Distress Oxide ink - Wilted Violet, black Versafine ink, Clear and black embossing powder, a die from my stash.  



On a piece of Neena solar white card I stamped and embossed two Poppy images, masking a couple of flowers on the first image before adding the second.  After removing the masks I coloured the images, blending and shading where appropriate.  




I added a grey outline around the images, to make them pop off the card.  I then stamped a corner pattern in each corner of the focal panel with DO ink, then blended the matching DI around the edges of the panel.   



On a white base card I used the stencil to add butterflies as a border, then blended ink around the edges.  



I added a couple of small butterflies to the focal panel then I matted it onto black card and attached it to the base card. 





I stamped a sentiment onto white card with DO ink and embossed it with clear powder.  I then die cut it, used the die as a stencil and added ink around the sentiment, and added it to the card.




I'm so pleased with this design, it's so bright and fresh looking.  Poppies are my favourite flower and stamps allow me to colour them any colour I want.  I have made this a birthday card, but it could just as easily be an anniversary card, a retirement card, a new home card or whatever.  This design could also be adapted as a piece of home decor too  
Thanks for popping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will drop in again soon  :)

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your card Penny, beautifull disigned and your colouring is gorgeous, love the butterly background too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you my lovely - something a little different from me I think ;) xx

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty because of the soft purple colours you used which are blended beautifully. I love your corner stamp and am amazed at how perfect you got them in each corner. I fail every time at doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I often can't seem to get the corners right too, but every once in a while they go where they are meant to lol! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh lord, you put me to shame with your fabulous colouring skills. I've benn meaning to look at this blog for ages and then a very close friend persuaded me to have a look today. Wow, so glad I did!! I love how you show the cards at every stage of construction. Very informative. You could cause some damage to my pocket!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jilly-Poos! Welcome at long last lol! As for damaging your pocket - just returning the favour hun! ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Penny. The poppies are beautiful. The grey around them really makes them pop.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete