Labels

Monday 25 September 2017

Autumn Magic



Hello there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing a bit of Home Decor with you that I have created for the Lavinia Stamps September Challenge:   http://laviniastamps.com/lavinia-stamps-monthly-creative-challenge the theme is Autumn Equinox.  I have used Lavinia Stamp sets - Felicity, Fir Tree, Tree Roots, and a pine branch; Sparkle pens, Distress Oxide ink - Fossilised Amber, Distress inks - Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Versafine ink - sepia and black, clear and black embossing powder, Angelina fibres and film,  Chocolate Baroque Seasonal Journey stencil and die cuts from my stash.



I started by stamping the tree in Sepia ink and embossing it with clear powder.  I then stamped the fairy 'sitting' on the tree roots in black and embossed her in black powder, then did the same with the fir tree and pine branches.  I used 2nd generation ink to add more trees.  I coloured the tree with a brown Sparkle pen, then added a landscape with other Sparkle pens.  I used a circular mask to create a setting or rising sun behind the trees then made a colour wash of Fossilised Amber DO ink and painted a base for my Autumn Sky.  I then stencilled clouds onto the sky with DI's.  I removed the mask and coloured the sun with Sparkle pen and added more clouds.  To add a little more magic I faux bleached a small circle  and added some clear Sparkle pen, as though the fairy is holding a magical orb.


  



I colour washed some spare card using the sparkle pens, and die cut some leaves and acorns when dry.  I added some DI's to make them look like they were turning colour.  I then used the fibres and film with a craft iron to create some fairy wings.








I stencilled the word 'Autumn' in the bottom third of the scene using DI and added Vintage Photo ink around the edges.  



I matted the panel onto some orange card then attached that to some greyboard.  I then started to assemble the border of 3D leaves and acorns, using dimensional glue.   I also attached the fairy wings in the same way.
   







Well I absolutely loved creating this plaque, I had LOADS of inky messy fun and did lots of lovely embossing!  This design would make an excellent card for an Autumn birthday or a retirement card, or as a present for any occasion.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you like this post and will pop in again soon  :)  

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project our Penny. The detail is amazing. Beautifully created.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, thank you so much for that hun! :) I've loved your recent 'tag' series on your blog, they were all beautiful xxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning work Penny, fabulous composition of images and amazing colours, love it all Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you my lovely! :) I'm so glad you like it xxx

      Delete