Labels

Thursday 11 June 2020

River King




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I am sharing one of my Chocolate Baroque samples today, from last month's shows on tv.  I have used stamps from the Kingfisher Song and Sticks and Stones sets; water colour paints, Distress Oxides, sepia Versafine ink, clear EP.



On a piece of Drawing Cartridge I stamped the Kingfisher, branch and bridge scene images in sepia Versafine ink, then embossed them with clear EP.  I made some masks out of masking tissue and masked the images.  I then created the background, painting with watercolours.  I created a dawn (or dusk) sky and a calm, tranquil riverside scene.  When the background was dry I removed the masks and painted the images. 



I matted the focal panel onto dark card, then on a spare piece of white card I stamped and embossed the Flag Iris image twice before painting them with the water colours.  I used a white acrylic paint pen to add highlights to the Kingfisher.  I cut out the flowers and attached them to the focal panel with 3D glue.



I took a white base card and stamped several worker images around the edges using Distress Oxide inks.  I then attached the FP to the base card.





This is a lovely card that would suit any occasion and any recipient, a lovely Spring scene.  I am especially pleased with the background and the way the colours have blended.  
Thank you for popping in today I hope you have enjoyed my post.  Feel free to browse my other posts, maybe leave me a comment, and I hope you'll be back again soon  :)   

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Penny, beautifully designed and coloured, love the frame with the stamped branches, love everything about it, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, it's so good to hear from you. I hope you are keeping safe and well, take care and stay safe :) xxx

      Delete