Labels

Friday 7 February 2020

A Selection of Hearts

Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing some 'mini art' with you today in the form of Artists Trading Hearts.  I created them as samples for several Chocolate Baroque tv shows last year, using their stamps and as usual a multitude of techniques.  

For the first project I have used stamps from the CB Harmony Tree and Small Graph sets, CB White Board ATHs, Distress Oxide inks, Sepia Versafine ink, clear EP, watercolour paints, a gold pen and some die cut leaves from my stash.





I blended DOs directly onto the heart then stamped the tree and masked it.  I stamped over the entire heart with the small graph image then removed the mask and painted the tree.  I stamped a few words randomly then covered the whole piece with a clear varnish.  I added a few die cut leaves from my stash, shaping them before attaching them with 3D glue gel.  I stamped a sentiment onto a piece of coloured card and embossed it with clear EP.  I then cut and shaped it into a banner, added some gold dots with a pen and edged the heart with golde.  I added a small leaf to the banner and attached it to the heart.




This project uses stamps from the CB Rememberance Tree set, pearlescent spray inks, Versamark ink, gold EP, gold pen, heatproof acetate, holographic glitter.



I sprayed the pearlescent inks directly onto the white board heart, using brown and blue colours.  When dry I stamped and embossed the tree image in gold onto the heart, and did the same with some words and sentiments onto acetate.  I cut around the words and edged the bottom edges with gold pen, then used the gold pen around the edge of the heart. 



 I added glitter to the tree branches to give it a frosted look.  I then attached the words and sentiments.



The first two hearts were created in Autumn and Winter colours so I decided to create a bright, colourful piece to represent summer.  For this project I have used stamps from the CB Butterfly Mind set, metalic acrylic paints, purple Soft Form Paste, black Versafine ink, a stencil from my stash and a white Posca pen.
I began by placing a large butterfly stencil directly onto the heart substrate and spread the purple paste through it then left it to dry.  I painted the heart between the paste lines and added white pen detailing.  



On a piece of white card I stamped several images in black ink and embossed them in clear EP.  I then painted them with metalic paints in bright co-ordinating colours and added white pen as detailing.  I stamped and embossed  a sentiment, cut around it and painted it.  When everything was dry I cut all the images out, shaped them with a ball tool and attached them to the heart with 3D glue gel.  I added silver pen around the edges of the heart and sentiment panel.
Thanks for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and your visit to my blog.  Feel free to leave a comment ( I'd love it if you did!)  and to browse more of my projects and artwork, and I hope to see you here again soon  :) 

1 comment:

  1. These are so striking and I love the whole look of the first one including the tree in the back. The bright pink and blue one reminds me of psychedelic times which is great

    ReplyDelete