Labels

Saturday 9 November 2019

Beachside Memories



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a lovely Vintage card to share with you today, one of my samples for the October Chocolate Baroque tv shows.  I wanted to create something that looked like a collection of seaside memorabelia - the sort that you might find in Grandma's attic.
I have used stamps from the Baroque Ephemera 1 & 2, Seashore Scenes and Eccentric Edwardian sets; Distress Oxide inks, and sepia Versafine ink.  
  


I began this project by taking a piece of copier paper and stamping ephemera images randomly all over it, using DOs.  I then spritzed water all over the paper and scrunched it up to create a distressed, aged look.  I pulled the wet paper out and flattened it, but not too much as I wanted it to look like a piece of old paper that had been folded several times and screwed up into a ball and forgotten about.  When the paper was dry I blended Vintage Photo ink around the edges of the paper and over the crinkled surface to age it even more.



I took a piece of smooth white card and stamped several images of tickets and post cards in the sepia ink and coloured them with DOs.  I didn't want the writing on one of the post cards so I used a damp tissue to remove it after inking.  I wanted to create a picture post card out of it.  Once I had coloured the images I cut them all out.  





After colouring the images I blended ink around the edges of each of them.  I then stamped the image of an Edwardian gentleman onto a piece of satin finish card using sepia ink.  I wanted to replicate an old photo.  When dry I took all of the images and scuffed, folded and tore the edges to age and distress them before arranging them on the background paper. 





I attached the background panel to an ivory base card, making sure that it wasn't too flat and 'perfect' looking.  




I attached the ephemera that I had made to the front of the card as a collection of memorabelia.




This card was not a quick one to make but I loved every minute of it!  I absolutely LOVE creating Vintage themed projects, and these gorgeous stamps gave me the opportunity to be really creative and indulge my passions. 
Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post.  Feel free to browse further, maybe leave me a comment, and I hope you'll visit again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Gosh a lot of work here Penny and so much detail to look at, it's a fabulous card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you for your lovely comments, yes a lot of work but really enjoyable! 😊 xxx

      Delete