Labels

Saturday 9 November 2019

Bright and Grungy



Hi - welcome to my blog  :)  I have a mixture of Vintage and Grunge to share with you today, another of my samples for the Chocolate Baroque October tv shows.  I have used stamps from the Baroque Ephemera sets 1 and 2 and the Floral Grunge set; matte spray inks, Distress Oxide inks, sepia Versafine ink and a gold pen from my stash.   
  


I began by stamping the flower onto a piece of smooth white card using sepia ink.  I masked the image with masking tissue and spritzed the card with the spray inks to create a bright but grungy background.  I then stamped various images from the Ephemera sets randomly over the background.  




I removed the masking tissue and painted the flower with Vintage Photo DO ink.  On a spare piece of card I stamped the flower again, painted it and cut it out.  I added gold pen around the edges of the background panel then matted it onto dark card.  



 I blended DO around the edges of a white base card then attached the background panel.  I then attached the flower I had cut out to the card.  I stamped the word 'Vintage' onto spare card, cut it out, edged with ink and attached it to the front of the card.    




This card was such fun to make and I'm really pleased with the result.  I love the mix of the Vintage flower against the bright cheerful colours of the background.  It's a design that would suit a lot of occasions and any recipient.
Thank you for popping in today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and that you will come back soon  :)

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card our penny. Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, beautiful colouring and a fabulous background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete