Labels

Monday 19 August 2019

Tomte Christmas Carols





Hi there, welcome to my blog  :)  I have a Christmas card to share with you today which I created as one of my samples for Chocolate Baroque's tv shows in June.  As soon as I saw these stamps they screamed 'Carol Singers' to me! (Don't know why lol!)
I have used stamps from the CB Tomte Christmas and Christmas Flourish sets; grey Versafine ink, alcohol pens, Distress Ink, fluffy fake snow, a stencil, a die and an embossing folder from my stash.

 


I took a piece of smooth white colouring paper and stamped the large gnome image in grey ink.  I masked it with CB masking tissue then stamped it twice more, one either side of the first image.  I removed the mask and coloured the images with alcohol markers.  I added a shadow line around the group with a grey pen.



I took a piece of black card and die cut a vintage lamp post then added silver gilding wax as highlights.  On another piece of white paper I stamped and embossed the candles from the Christmas Garden stamp, coloured them and cut around them.  I then attached them to the reverse side of the lamps, attached the lamp post to the focal panel and added Glossy Accents to replicate glass in the lamps. 



I die cut a single lantern from black card and repeated the process.  I cut a small slither of the card and attached a curl from another lamp post as a crook.  I then attached the lantern and crook to the focal panel in two pieces, making it appear as though the gnome is holding the lantern.    




I took a small piece of white card and used a brown DI around the edges to make it appear old and distressed.  I folded the card in half and wrote 'carols' on one side, adding a couple of notes.  I cut the two bottom corners off and attached the piece of card to the middle gnome, making it appear as though the gnome was holding a carol sheet. 





I added silver pen around the edges of the focal panel then used a stencil to add rays of light with yellow ink.   I then mounted the focal panel onto black card.



I took a piece of black card and embossed it in a folder from my stash.  I then added silver gilding wax to highlight the pattern.  






I attached the focal panel to the embossed panel then attached the whole thing to a white base card.  I took some fluffy fake snow from my stash and added it to the bottom of the focal panel and on the lamps.  



On a spare piece of white card I stamped and embossed a couple of sentiments in black, cut around them and added blue ink.  I cut a couple of music notes and attached them and the sentiments to the card.  







I think this card is one of my favourite samples from this launch, and it will definitely be one of the designs for my Christmas cards this year!  It's such a cheerful and jolly card that can be sent to anyone.
Thanks for stopping by today I hope you've enjoyed this post, feel free to browse my other posts and I hope you'll come back again soon  :)  

1 comment:

  1. This is cute and so full of fun. You just create cards that are magical from the colouring of the gnomes to the musical frame

    ReplyDelete