Labels

Sunday 4 August 2019

Baubles, Baubles Everywhere!


Deck the Trees



Hello there - welcome to my  blog  :)  I'm sharing a few quick and simple cards with you today, all were samples on the CB July tv shows.  For the first card I have used stamps from the Shaded Baubles, Christmas Circle and Robin the Spruce sets; Koh-I-Noor water colour paints, Distress Oxide ink, gold and white EP, a die cut, some ribbon and bows from my stash.  



I stamped and embossed both bauble images, one with white EP and the other with gold.  I then painted the images, the white embossed baubleI I painted green,  and the gold one I painted red.  I then stamped and embossed the Robin image in gold and fussy cut it out before painting it as before.  I took a white base card and stamped some Pine branches around the edges using Distress Oxide ink.
  


I attached the green bauble flat onto the card and the red bauble I attached with 3D foam pads.  I added some ribbon and bows to give the impression that the baubles are hanging from a tree, and stamped a sentiment onto the card.


Bauble of Light.



I have used the same stamps as for the last card; grey Versafine ink, Distress Oxide ink, Luxury smooth colouring paper, glitter, alcohol pens, silver pen, coloured card and a couple of dies from my stash.




I began with a piece of smooth colouring paper and stamped the empty bauble in one of the bottom corners with grey ink.  I then stamped Pine branches around the edges of the focal panel with DO ink and added silver pen around the outer edge.  I coloured the bauble with pens.........



.........and added silver peel-offs to create a string for the bauble to hang by.  





I then took some coloured card from my stash and die cut some Pine branches, blending DO ink to the edges of the die cuts.  I matted the focal panel onto a piece of darker card then attached it to a white base card.  I attached the die cut branches to the card in one of the top corners, then die cut a lantern and added Glossy Accents to look like glass.  When it was dry I attached the lantern to the card, then I stamped a sentiment onto a spare piece of card, matted it and attached it to the card.  




Vintage Compliments of the Season.




For this card I have used stamps from the  same sets as the previous projects; alcohol pens, Versamark ink, white EP, smooth Kraft colouring paper, Distress Ink, and a circle die from my stash.



I started this project by stamping and embossing the empty bauble twice onto the Kraft paper in white.  I then stamped both Christmas Circle images within the baubles and embossed them in white.  I used a circle die from my stash to cut the baubles out, then attached them to a cream textured base card.



I stamped a sentiment with DI on the front of the card.  



I'm very pleased with these cards, the beautiful stamps are an absolute pleasure to work with!  All the designs are simple and quite easy to recreate, they will all be suitable for batch making too - which is essential for Christmas!



Thank you for popping in today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post and have been a little inspired by these projects.  Feel free to browse more projects on my blog and to leave a comment if you wish, and I hope that you will visit again soon  :)



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning work Penny, the most gorgeous of colours too and lovely texture. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for your lovely comment! :) I'm not too bad thanks hun, except for damaging my shoulder in a fall :( Hope you are keeping well :) xxx

      Delete
  2. These are rather fabulous our Penny! :) Wonderful colours. Lovely effect on the Kraft card. Have a great week. Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, thank you very much for your lovely words hun :) I loved your butterfly samples too my lovely :) xxx

      Delete