Labels

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Tale of Two Palaces - Henna Tattoo Palace



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another of my Indian samples to share with you today, featuring stamps from the Indian Elephant, Indian Textiles and Paisley Elephant sets; Versamark ink, Distress Oxide ink, a gold pen and Silhouette Palace 1 Mask.



I began with a piece of Kraft card and placed the mask in the center.  I then stamped the script image through it using Versamark ink.  I left the ink to dry as I wanted a watermark effect on the Kraft card, it reminds me of a Henna Tattoo.  I used a gold fineliner pen to trace the outline of the palace mask then I stamped several images around the  edges of the panel, the border image a paisley and a worker image.  I then added gold pen around the outer edges of the panel.







Next I took an Ivory base card and blended Distress Oxide ink through the palace stencil, then stamped several images around the edges, creating a border using the same DO ink.  



I used a paint brush and water to add colour and shading to the images.



I attached the focal panel to the card then stamped a sentiment onto a spare piece of Kraft card using Versamark again.  I cut out a sentiment panel with one of my dies, then stamped some paisley images through the die randomly around the inner edge.  I added gold pen around the outer edges of the panel and attached it to the card.  To complete the design I added dots around the words of the sentiment with gold pen.



I love this card, I've only used one colour of ink and the colour of the Kraft card but the result is a cheerful, bright and classic piece of artwork.  It would suit various occasions and recipients.
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and will visit here again soon  :)














2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creative piece of work Penny, I love your design and the colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much - glad you like it ;)

      Delete